Friday, July 25, 2008
In .Net Remoting, an application use Channel to send message to another application which is runing in different domain or process. Before sending message, Channel converts message into appropriate format like XML or binary format. The channel that carries message(Mashalled parameter) can use protocal like TCP and HTTP. Channel can be HTTPChannel and TCPChannel. The HTTPChannel use soapFormatter to serialize messages into the XML format using SOAP protocal. Using SOAP method allows the client to call method on the remote object that might not be using .Net framework. The TCPChannel use binaryFormatter to serialize message into binary stream.
Also Read other Top Articles
- JSON Serialization in VS 2008
- Implementing Forms Authentication in Silverlight Application.
- Making GridView Rows or Individual Cells Clickable and Selectable.
- Enabling browser back button for GridView Paging and Sorting in Ajax 1.1 and 3.5 (using Visual Studio 2005/ Visual studio 2008)
- How to pass values from User Control to Page or calling Page methods from User Control.
- What is WCF?
- New features in C# 4.0
- C# to VB.NET and VB.NET to C# online free converter tools.