Friday, July 25, 2008
* one which has advanced features and lets you do lot many things like paging and sorting your data without much effort.
* DataGrid can hold text data, but not linked or embedded objects.
Whereas a DataRepeater is
* which does not have the paging feature but we can do it by coding.
* one which can hold other controls and can embed objects.
* It can embed a Datagrid within it but not viceversa.
Apart from this a Data Repeater
--is used in places where you need more control over the rendering of your data
-- have very flexible templates that give you total control over the formatting of your data
Also Read other Top Articles
- JSON Serialization in VS 2008
- Implementing Forms Authentication in Silverlight Application.
- Making GridView Rows or Individual Cells Clickable and Selectable.
- Enabling browser back button for GridView Paging and Sorting in Ajax 1.1 and 3.5 (using Visual Studio 2005/ Visual studio 2008)
- How to pass values from User Control to Page or calling Page methods from User Control.
- What is WCF?
- New features in C# 4.0
- C# to VB.NET and VB.NET to C# online free converter tools.