Wednesday, July 9, 2008
The Master database holds information for all databases located on the SQL Server instance and is the
glue that holds the engine together. Because SQL Server cannot start without a functioning master
database, you must administer this database with care.
The msdb database stores information regarding database backups, SQL Agent information, DTS
packages, SQL Server jobs, and some replication information such as for log shipping.
The tempdb holds temporary objects such as global and local temporary tables and stored procedures.
The model is essentially a template database used in the creation of any new user database created in
Also Read other Top Articles
- JSON Serialization in VS 2008
- Implementing Forms Authentication in Silverlight Application.
- Making GridView Rows or Individual Cells Clickable and Selectable.
- Enabling browser back button for GridView Paging and Sorting in Ajax 1.1 and 3.5 (using Visual Studio 2005/ Visual studio 2008)
- How to pass values from User Control to Page or calling Page methods from User Control.
- What is WCF?
- New features in C# 4.0
- C# to VB.NET and VB.NET to C# online free converter tools.