Wednesday, July 9, 2008
An execution plan is basically a road map that graphically or textually shows the data retrieval methods
chosen by the SQL Server query optimizer for a stored procedure or ad-hoc query and is a very useful
tool for a developer to understand the performance characteristics of a query or stored procedure since
the plan is the one that SQL Server will place in its cache and use to execute the stored procedure or
query. From within Query Analyzer is an option called "Show Execution Plan" (located on the Query
drop-down menu). If this option is turned on it will display query execution plan in separate window
when query is ran again.
Also Read other Top Articles
- JSON Serialization in VS 2008
- Implementing Forms Authentication in Silverlight Application.
- Making GridView Rows or Individual Cells Clickable and Selectable.
- Enabling browser back button for GridView Paging and Sorting in Ajax 1.1 and 3.5 (using Visual Studio 2005/ Visual studio 2008)
- How to pass values from User Control to Page or calling Page methods from User Control.
- What is WCF?
- New features in C# 4.0
- C# to VB.NET and VB.NET to C# online free converter tools.