Tuesday, December 23, 2008
• In ASP.NET we will not find Ajax enabled website template as ASP.NET Ajax is now part of ASP.NET 3.5.
• No need of any separate installations for AJAX Extensions as it is in built.
• Every page should have ScriptManager in the form.
• As ASP.NET Toolkit is a community driven project, Download Control toolkit for ASP.NET AJAX 3.5 which is separately built for 3.5 download at www.asp.net/ajax/. Add them to Toolkit Toolbar.
• In Visual Studio 2008 a new cool feature added after adding AJAX control toolkit, is for all controls like button we will find helper expansion available which makes Visual Studio control extender aware.
• When we focus to control that have extenders (Control enhancements that are designed to extend the visual behavioural properties of the control) visual studio now understands that when extenders included in visual studio environment for the control that is highlighted, it gives option in designer to add extender to control by giving list of available extenders for that control, just by selecting that we can add extender control.
• (Ex: for Button we have AlwaysVisibleControlExtender, AnimationExtender, ConfirmButtonExtender.. etc)
• We can automatically know simply by setting focus to the control that, that control type has extenders available for your use.
• Also do not have to figure out which control extenders are appropriate for which control types because when we select on the control helper a dialog pops up and show all of the extenders in place that are appropriate for that control. So, this is a very useful addition in VS2008 when using ASP.NET AJAX and Toolkit because it will point you to right extenders that are appropriate for the control that you are working at that point of time.
Also Read other Top Articles
- JSON Serialization in VS 2008
- Implementing Forms Authentication in Silverlight Application.
- Making GridView Rows or Individual Cells Clickable and Selectable.
- Enabling browser back button for GridView Paging and Sorting in Ajax 1.1 and 3.5 (using Visual Studio 2005/ Visual studio 2008)
- How to pass values from User Control to Page or calling Page methods from User Control.
- What is WCF?
- New features in C# 4.0
- C# to VB.NET and VB.NET to C# online free converter tools.